Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It's been a while!

Hello again, welcome back to my Blog. I know it's been quite some time, but I've been side-tracked something rotten over the past few months!!

So, what's been happening in the life of DK that's so important I hear you ask.. Well, for starters, My wife's sister got married recently (congrats David & Amy!) and I was responsible for their photography, I've been playing full-time house-husband for the children who are on holiday from school for 6 weeks (a hand-full believe me!), and I've had the odd job or two come my way (a couple of new residencies and some one-off events to sort out!

So yeah, I either haven't had the time to update the Blog, been that occupied with other things, or I've simply forgotten!

Anyway, on top of that, I have some great news. After about 8 or so years, Now that I have a clearer schedule, It gives me great pleasure to announce the return of my Halifax event 'Cheeky!'

What's even greater news, is that we're back in our hometown of Halifax - the venue's confirmed for all of the remaining Bank Holidays in 2010, and there's definitely scope for the rest of 2011 too. The location is totally hush-hush at the moment, purely for non-competitive purposes, easier marketing, and because I don't need the headache of other people trying to step on my toes. So, until it's nearer the time, my Cheeky! members will be the first to find out about the event. Also, on the night, there will be no flyers, posters or any physical marketing of the night, so if you want in, you have to see me for a ticket.

That said, once our first night is completed, and the word's out where we are, then I'm sure that I'll be making other arrangements for the overall running of the event, so stay tuned ok?

In other news, I've finally begun to sort out various other projects, I can actually move in the studio now! - and I found it quite therapeutic too, I'd highly recommend anyone to spend a day or two, having a good sort out, bin loads of stuff you know you dont need, and relax in the resulting open space where that great big pile of junk used to be!!

I'm back on the illustrative path too! - since my new years resolution post at the beginning of the year, I've managed to finish one huge panoramic picture, and I'm currently in the process of working on my next piece, an A2 pencil drawing of Shibden Hall.

DJ wise, I'm still doing my bit at The Acapulco Nightclub on a Thursday, Fridays I'm helping out at a venue near Brighouse, and Saturdays, you can still find me having a mad one at Bar Fifteen.

Speaking of events, there's also scope for a new Sunday night that's come to my attention recently, if anything comes of it, you'll be the first to know!

In the meantime, keep checking back on my blog for further updates, news on any other projects, and maybe even a few inside secrets, after all, you never know what could happen next in this crazy world we live in!

Until next time - adios!
DK.

No comments:

Post a Comment