Monday, February 1, 2010

February Already!!

The snow's finally melted, the recession is apparently over, and I've finally sorted my tunes out, hurray!! - Only took me a year..

Anyway, how many of you have kept to your resolutions? Did you finally renew that Gym membership, and actually use it, Have you quit smoking yet? or did you finally clean out the garage of junk, broken appliances and leaky paintpots?

Nah, me neither - however, there are a few bits that I've managed to keep on track..

Studio work begins this month, I've got my stuff set up exactly as I want it, so remixing begins this week. Looking forward to a finished product by the end of February!

I've started my new piece of artwork for the front room, it's going to take about 2 weeks to finish as it's absolutely huuuge (just over a metre wide, and a foot deep) - its a panaramic sketch of the Halifax town centre, where most of the clubs are, It'll look great when it's done.

Flash Game and animation, this is scheduled for later this year, as soon as my other projects are done (one thing at a time eh?) but I'm still making notes and preparing ideas between jobs.

What about the DJ work? I hear you ask, well, I'm still currently looking for a replacement for my Friday and Saturday night residency since the closure of The Cell, although I have been pleasantly suprised by the support of other workers in Halifax, putting me forward for work to their managers, and potential future clients, so there's a few promising leads, although nothing is confirmed yet. Until things are finalised, I'll keep myself to myself, but you'll all be the first to know once the ball gets rolling again!

The Acapulco Nightclub's going well, Me and Matty are having a ball with the Thursday night regulars, great bunch of nutters, and I'm finally finding my feet with their somewhat chaotic music policy hahaha!!

I recently popped in on a Sunday night at The Groove and helped out for a couple of hours, that was great fun, thoroughly enjoyed it, it was the first time I'd played a club classics set in a large club in ages - it was a nice change..

We've got the World Cup coming soon too, so I'm guessing it'll be time for me to dust off the old England Shirt, dig out the facepaint and get involved in the fever that follows.

Looking like it's going great in 2010 already, bring on the Summer because I really cannot wait!

Till next month, party safe people!
Dk

No comments:

Post a Comment